Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Vasquez Withdraws, Endorses Greg Collett for Idaho State Senate

Vasquez Withdraws from District 10 State Senate Race

"On Monday, March 29, 2010, I contacted the Canyon County Clerk, Bill Hurst, to inform him that I was withdrawing from the Idaho District 10 State Senate race" Vasquez announced.

"While I am firmly convinced that the incumbent has certainly not represented my best interests in his tenure as the State Senator from District 10, I am personally acutely aware of the political advantage gained by an incumbent in a multiple candidate campaign. Therefore, as Mr. Greg Collett has steadfastly maintained his intent to stay in the race, and as I believe he has the strong backing of my fellow American citizens who are prepared to support his candidacy, I have decided that it would best serve District 10, the State of Idaho, and my fellow Idahoans for me to withdraw and level the political arena" Vasquez said.

"I wish to thank all of you who encouraged me to run and to stay in the race. Let me say to you that sometimes it is better to withdraw from the field, rather than to stubbornly remain and give an unwarranted advantage to an undeserving incumbent" Vasquez stated.

"I will be voting for Greg Collett, and fully support his campaign to remove the incumbent whose actions have repeatedly demonstrated his subservience to special interest, big money corporations, and a callous personal political agenda. I encourage every citizen in District 10 to vote for Greg Collett on May 25, 2010, for the Idaho State Senate" Vasquez concluded.

Public Announcement for Greg Collett:

I am sending out this announcement to let everyone know that I am a candidate for the Idaho State Senate in District 10. Learn more about my views and find out how you can help me get elected at http://www.grassrootsgreg.com/. Even if you do not live in District 10, you can still take part.

Together, we can:
  • Restore our God given constitutional rights
  • Return government to its proper role
  • Realize fiscal responsibility
  • Require honesty in government
How can you help?
  • Schedule an open house or town hall meeting and invite everyone you know. My priority is to meet with as many people as possible.
  • Call for a forum or debate between John McGee and myself.
  • Write letters to the editor.
  • Put up yard signs and put bumper stickers on your vehicles.
  • Distribute fliers door-to-door, keep a stack at your place of business, or mail them to voters.
  • Donate to the campaign to help cover the cost of advertising materials.
  • Link to my website from your own websites and blogs.
  • Forward this announcement to everyone you know. It may eventually end up in the mailbox of a voter in District 10.
If you would like to help, please go to my website and create an account. You will be able to indicate how you are willing to help, and I will get in touch with you.

http://www.grassrootsgreg.com/

Thanks,
Greg Collett
Candidate for Idaho State Senate, District 10

No comments:

Post a Comment